Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Old People Are Wierd.....


Well, if nothing else getting married makes you excited about things you've never really been excited about before. Case in point- what's really exciting about washers and dryers? Nothing, but when Trevor and I bought our first as a married couple, I couldn't have been more estatic. We went about a month without. We survived (barely, as I am sure both of our parents were ready to kill us) by bringing our soiled laundry home to our mamas. Even though washers and dryers are in their very nature the most inherently boring thing imaginable, when the time came that we went to ghetto Appliance USA to get our used first washer and dryer, I couldn't have been more happy! In fact, I was so happy I practically took a photo shoot of Trevor setting up the darn things and now have decided that I should share those pictures with you.


Case in point number two- dinner. When I say "dinner" I don't mean the dinner where you get dressed up and go out to some restaurant and have the waitress bring you yummy 3-course meals and straws. When I say "dinner" I mean it very casually and in the sense where you shred some cheese on a tortilla and nuke it into a yummy quesadilla. I was never really excited about going home and making dinner before I was married, but after getting hitched it has seemed like the most exciting thing you could possibly do in the whole world. With the second best thing being making dinner and THEN watching television while you eat it. I don't know what it is, but you both get home from work. You eat a yummy dinner together, and it seems like you are in heaven. It doesn't really sound like that much fun, does it? But for some strange reason it has been the highlight of my day everday lately.

Case in Point No. 3-Decorations. Why people like hanging up pictures and putting like elaborate, frilly decorations up was always beyond me. Then after the first week of being married I created this....
So there you have it. Old people are wierd, and as much as it pains me to say to it, I'm afraid I might be becoming one of them.

3 comments:

Doney Days said...

Your picture wall looks so cute! One of these days you'll have to invite us over (hint-hint!)

Trevor and Liz said...

Yes we do!:)

The Double Dipped Life said...

You are too funny! I remember when I was in college, we went over to my Aunt's. She had just bought a new oven and was Soooo excited. I told my mom that if I ever got that excited about a household appliance, to shoot me! Well... I've been "shot" several times since then! :)