Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Wedding Day

Trevor and I were getting married at 11 in the morning. I was supposed to be all showered with clean, dry hair and over at Sharydon's (my hair dresser) at 7 in the morning. So around 6:50 I was lying in my bed thinking, "Aw...how cute. I am so excited to get married that I can't even sleep. I should send Trevor a sweet text telling him how excited I am. He'll think it's darling that I couldn't sleep through the night." So I leaned over to grab my phone, and quickly realized I had slept through both of my alarms. I showered, shaved my legs, dried my hair, and was at Sharydon's house five minutes after 7. It was unbelievable! I am just so impressed with myself, I had to write about it! Other than the quick gettin' ready thing, the whole wedding day was very relaxed. We still had the wrong address on the invitations to worry about, but my brothers and Trevor's brothers just waited outside of the wrong church directing people to the right one.

Trevor and I got married at eleven a.m. in the Draper temple. Our sealer was the sweetest old man. I know everyone probably thinks that, but ours really was! Before we were sealed, he gave some advice. He talked about how much he could tell Trevor and I were twitterpatted (just like off Bambi) because of how we wouldn't let go of eachother's hands. He told Trevor how I should be his first priority (not work nor school) and he should always make sure that I am comfortable. Even if it means that when he is eighty years old he has to hobble around the car to let me in first and then hobble around to the other side to get in. He talked about how when we are old, we both had to be considerate of eachother and die at the same time (something which Trevor and I had been discussing just before). One funny thing he accidentally said was, "Now, kiss yourselves," instead of "Kiss eachother." The whole sealing went wonderfully, but my favorite part was just looking over at Trevor and seeing him crying. His bottom lip quavering is something I will never forget. I think I got the sweetest man ever! Seriously, I know I have said this before but he is seriously made of pure sugar!

After the sealing, we took pictures with our families outside the temple. Then we went home and ate some leftover cafe rio and finished packing all our stuff for the apartment and also for the honeymoon. It was funny how after the wedding the fact that I was married didn't set in, on the honeymoon being married still hadn't set in, and even now it still hasn't set in. It feels exactly the same except now I don't have any more of those awful late night ride homes to separate housing- I just get to be with my love all the time! Being married has been wonderful, and it is indescribable how much I love Trev.

At about five at night, we made our way to the reception. There's not much I think I can even remember about it. We decorated the church with a fall theme. We had a picture frame with some of our bridals on it that we had friends and family sign instead of guest book. We served pie and little chicken salad sandwich croissants. Other than that, there was just a sea of people entering and leaving and Trevor and I and our parents standing in line forever. By the end, Trevor and I were dying to get out of there. We had our first dance as a married couple, threw the bouquet and had the garter toss, and cut the cake in the biggest rush. There was something kind of sweet though, my dance with Trevor's dad. Trevor's dad is the sweetest man I have ever met, and he gave me a little kiss of the cheek that was very special.

Other than that Trevor and I left the church in a car decorated with necklace beads and condoms. My brother and sister-in-law drove us to our hotel. Our first night together was absolutely wonderful, and that's all the info you'll get about that!!! :)

No comments: