Monday, December 7, 2009

It's a Christmas Miracle!!!!



So, it's the Saturday after Trevor and I have just gotten back from our honeymoon and we have big shopping plans for the day. There were lots of things we need to grab from various stores for our new apartment. We decide to hit up Kohl's first, because we both HATE that store and wanted to make sure to use up the gift certificates we got from there first.

We entered on the west side of Kohl's, the one in Jordan Landing. We had 70 bucks to spend there so we grabbed a mess of $3 red bath towels, a set of glasses, and other random kitchen supplies. After we get through the register, we still have about $10 left to spend. Not wanting that $10 to go to waste and having no desire to ever visit Kohl's again, Trevor offered to take the bags out to the car while I went and found something that I could blow that last little bit of gift card on. Perfect! I found a much needed cheese grater, but it was just a little over my $10 price range. Not having a wallet, I figured I'd just go bug my new hubby for his credit card (after all it's all the same money, right?).

That's where I found Trevor sitting in between the two sets of doors of Kohl's doors, with the sad eyes and sunken shoulders. It was understandable why he looked so sad. I mean, I hate Kohl's and shopping for bath towels just as much as the next guy. But why did he still have our Kohl's bags? When I got close enough to talk to him, he told me that our car had been stolen. I thought impossible! We both locked the doors, we were in there maybe 15 minutes, and we hadn't left anything valuable showing! I asked him if he would mind if I were to go take a look for myself to which he responded, "please do." I circled the parking lot and couldn't believe it!!!

Our car was missing. STOLEN!! Right before Christmas! I found Trevor again, and we both decided it was time to call the police and report it. Trevor got on the phone with police, and meanwhile I decided to give looking for the car one more whirl. So, I went outside, and realized that there was another whole side of Kohl's. I went to look on that side of the parking lot and surely enough found our little silver car right where we left it! It was a Christmas MIRACLE!!! I was so excited I just had to jump for joy (as one has to do upon encountering Christmas Miracles) and got some weird looks from the car pulling in next to me.

I returned to Trevor shouting of the Christmas miracle!!! He didn't think it was as much of Christmas miracle as I did, but there are always going to be those skeptics out there! He got back on the phone with the police, and their conversation went something like this. "Hey. This is Trevor Doney, and I guess my car wasn't stolen after all. I guess someone just um...moved it (said sarcastically)." The operator, "Oh, so someone was playing a joke on you?" Not wanting to explain and feeling like it was a less embarrassing than the truth Trevor said, "Yeah. I guess a friend was... um a joke on me. Thanks, bye."

Hahaha, I love life and Trevor!! Mostly Trevor though; just because he makes life worth living!

3 comments:

Doney Days said...

Hahahahahahahahaha! That is quite the stroy! Believe it or not, I've come out at the wrong doors at Kohl's in American Fork and was frantic that it was stolen too. But I realized it a minute later!

Leslie and Matthew Bybee said...

That is so funny! I love it :)

Loftus' said...

OK...you crack me up!! That is too funny - glad the car wasn't stolen after all!! {giggle}