Monday, October 17, 2011

WHERE TO BEGIN?!

I've been so bad at updating this! However, I love looking back and seeing what Trevor and I have written. Anyways....where to begin? This January I took an auditing job at a local audit firm and it was just NOT for me! So I got another job as Property Accountant at ExtraSpace Storage and currently do the accounting for 29 sites! 29 bank reconciliations, 29 fixed asset reconciliations, and 29 financial statements each month keeps me very busy around close and I L-O-V-E it! I feel like I am learning so much! Also, in May I finally graduated from University of Utah! I was on the five year program of a four year degree, but at least I finished! Trevor is currently working at Dish Network setting up satellites and he seems to enjoy it. He is working towards getting a degree in Mechanical Engineering and is very busy with working 45+ hours and going to school full-time. I don't know how he does it when all his classes are physics or calculus classes. He is doing homework as I am typing this and his lecture is spouting words like kinetic energy and velocity and I am thinking I don't know what either of those words even mean! Anyways, I am so proud of all he does!

Yes....Trevor and I are still teaching the sunbeams! We still love it, even though we aren't that great at it and should probably be released! We've picked up a couple additional children and now we have TEN sunbeams in our class! It's crazy most weeks. We try our best though. A ward member came up and asked us last week how many of our own children Trevor and I are planning to have after teaching this class and Trevor replied, "We're thinking maybe......MAYBE....a puppy." Haha... he's all talk about waiting a long time but he definitely gets the baby hungry eyes every time our nieces and nephews come over so we'll see. I still think it will be a WHILE (Heather, your going to need to a have a fifth one to keep the grandchildren coming...haha)! He is completely in love with Aspen, one of our newest nieces. When I come home after work and Aspen was over he always says, "You have no idea how cute Aspen was being today." Last month, our sister, Melissa, gave us a VERY new niece that we haven't been lucky enough to meet yet named Tessa Anne that I am sure he would just fall in love with too.

Well back onto the sunbeams. I just have to tell this story because it was literally probably the most embarrassed I have ever been..... at church. I've definitely been more embarrassed other places but I don't feel comfortable sharing those stories with you just yet! Anyways, Trevor and I were teaching our sunbeams a couple of months back and we had finished our lesson, half the children in our class had already been picked up by their parents, and Trevor and I were playing a impromptu game of tag with the few remaining children. One boy kept hitting Trevor's leg and yelling, "I got your leg!!" Trevor would tap the boy back on the forehead and reply, "Got your face!" Well after a couple times of this the boy hit Trevor's middle thigh and SCREAMED down the hall at church as LOUD as humanly possible, "I got your WEINER!!!" Immediately, Trevor and my mouths dropped to the floor and the game was over. We just looked down the hall wondering how many members heard! However, looking on the bright side the good news is that at that moment Trevor and I had officially won WORST sunbeam teachers ever and there was no where to go but up.

Well, I can't think of anything else to say. Trevor and I are currently looking for a house and we've placed a couple offers down at different places. The bank accepted one of our offers and we are moving forward with that and completing the home inspection this Wednesday and we REALLY hope that everything works out with it so keep your fingers crossed for us.

No comments: