Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Beginning of Blogging



Trevor and I are getting married in exactly one month! What better way to start a new marriage than with a new blog? Word on the street is that blogging is SO IN for the "old married folk," and since I am about to join that club I thought I should try my hand at it.

Well, for you who missed the engagement story (or got a watered-down version) here's how it went:


On Saturday August 15, 2009 (thought I should probably document that date before I forgot), Trevor and I had planned to go hiking up little cottonwood canyon. However, I called him that morning feeling sick with cramps and tired from the late night we spent together the night before. With the hike canceled, I had managed to ruin the only proposal idea he had come up with so far. Not thinking he was going to propose that day, he came over to take care of me. We're we just lying around talking about how much we wanted to get married (we had already picked out the ring, but I didn't know he already had it). I was just telling him how much I've always wanted a summer wedding, and so we were thinking that we wanted to wait until May 2010 to tie the knot. However, May just seemed too far away so we started mulling over dates when we could get married while working and going to school. We both didn't fancy the idea of getting married around the hectic jarbbled mess that is always Christmas, and Fall break from school just seemed too close. So, that left us with around Thanksgiving Break and we settled on November 21st. Now that we had a date that wasn't too far in the future, Trevor really wanted to get a ring on my finger he just didn't know how!

We ended up in the basement at the computer on itunes making a new playlist for Trevor. We sat there for about an hour without any success on getting the playlist on his ipod. He decided that he going to run home and grab his ipod cable, and see if that would work. While he was at his house he saw the ring, and decided to grab it in case he figured out a way to propose. He soon returned and we tried to get Itunes to work with his IPOD cable, but had no success. Acting like he was frustrated, he turned to me and said, "You know it's a really nice day, and I just happened to ride my scooter over. Would you like to go for a ride?" Thinking that nothing seemed out of the ordinary I said yes and went upstairs to grab a jacket.

When I went out the front door to meet him, he had ridden the scooter all the way up the cement path right to the stairs that were by the front door. After I jumped on the scooter, he asked me where I would like to go. Not at all suspecting a proposal, because none of this seemed very planned. I told him, that it would be fun to do a short hike that leads to waterfall out in Draper.

When we reached the top of the hike, he told me to go stand closer by the waterfall so that he could take my picture. As I started to turn around and head closer to the waterfall I heard a rustling in the water behind me. I quickly turned around, because I thought Trevor was falling, quickly realized that he wasn't falling but was kneeling in the water with the ring. I couldn't have been more excited and nervous at the same time! My nervousness soon turned into laughter after I heard him ask, "Do-ji-wanna?" Instead of "Will you marry me?"

Anyways, there's the engagement story. We're posting soon engagment photos, and hopefully soon we will get the bridals (and groomals) up! :)

1 comment:

Doney Days said...

I LOVE the blog Liz and I'm so glad you have one now! I love the engagement story too! Can't wait for 3 weeks from now. You two are so cute! Love ya!